When you are admitted to the hospital for services, there is important information you need to know to assist you with your health decisions and other matters related to your stay. We hope you find this information helpful.
Are you being admitted to the hospital?
We know a hospital stay means leaving the comforts of home, the security of family and friends, and leaving your health in the hands of others. At Florida Hospital Zephyrhills we want your stay to be as pleasant and safe as possible. We understand not all hospital admissions allow time to “pre-plan.” However, when your situation allows, the following are some suggestions to consider when being admitted to the hospital.
What you should bring to the hospital.
- Advance Directives (such as a Living Will or Healthcare Surrogate information) - if you have any.
- Insurance Cards (Medicare, Medicaid, commercial), organ donor card (if you have one), ID card and/or driver's license if available.
- A list of your medications (include supplements like vitamins, over the counter medications and herbals).
- A list of any allergies to food, medicines or other items.
- The telephone number of an emergency contact person (a friend or relative).
- Personal items (All items can be provided by the hospital, but for your personal comfort, you may wish to bring your pajamas, toothbrush, comb, etc).
What you should leave at home.
- Valuables (watches, jewelry, money, cell phones, credit cards, etc.),
- Medications, vitamins, over the counter medications, herbals,
- Plug-in electrical appliances (such as razors or curling irons),
- Food or snacks,
- Please, no small children or family/visitors who are not feeling well.
We want you and your family members to be well informed about the care and services provided to you while you are a patient with us. Please feel free to ask questions. Do not agree to accept any procedure, treatment or medication without understanding the need for it. Co-pays (if applicable), are collected at the time discharge from the hospital. A Financial Counselor is available to assist you before, during or after your admission to the hospital if you wish. You can reach a Financial Counselor by calling (813) 615-7848.