Timely care is important with all medical conditions—faster treatment means a better chance at full recovery—but this is especially the case with neurological and stroke conditions. Florida Hospital Zephyrhills has the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in Pasco County and the only neurosurgery team in our area. Our dedicated stroke team, comprised of physicians and nurses, is there for you throughout the care cycle, from diagnosis to treatment to rehabilitation and recovery. Our on-site team of neurosurgeons, in partnership with USF Health and led by Chief of Neurosurgery Raul Olivera, MD, is expertly trained in cutting-edge treatment of brain, spine and acute stroke procedures.
Having all of these services under one roof—the Brain and Spine Institute at Florida Hospital Zephyrhills—means that our patients don’t have to travel far to get the latest, most advanced treatments available.
The Brain and Spine Institute provides comprehensive, compassionate, evidenced-based care for conditions of the brain and spine, including:
• Head, neck, brain and spinal cord tumors
• Brain and spinal cord arteriovenous malformation
• Brain and spinal cord dural fistulas
• Spinal instability requiring instrumentation
• Brain and spinal abscess
• Subdural and epidural hematoma
• Traumatic brain injury
• Ulnar compression syndrome
• Vagal nerve stimulation
• Acoustic neuroma/vestibular schwannoma
• Blood clots
• Carotid-cavernous fistula (CCF)
• Dural arteriovenous fistula
• Extra-cranial (brachiocephalic) atherosclerosis
• Intracranial atherosclerosis
• Juvenile nasopharyngeal tumor
• Spinal vascular malformations
• Traumatic vascular lesions
• Vertebral body tumors
• Vertebral body compression fractures
For more information about the neurological care available at Florida Hospital Zephyrhills, call (813) 782-2946.