What is palliative care?
If you’ve been diagnosed with a serious illness, our palliative care service provides relief from the symptoms and stress of your chronic condition. Our compassionate palliative care providers focus on improving quality of life for you and your family through the management of your symptoms, pain and the stress caused by your illness.
How can palliative care help?
By working closely with your primary doctor, we provide:
- Treatment of pain and symptoms
- Close communication and compassionate care
- Help with navigating the healthcare system
- Guidance with difficult treatment choices
- Inpatient care
- Home care coordination and referral
- Detailed, practical information and assistance
- Emotional and spiritual support for you and your family
When is the right time for palliative care?
Palliative care can assist through all stages of a serious illness. It is best introduced early in your care and is provided at the same time as curative treatments.
Palliative Care Nurse Navigator
To assist in coordinating your care, we have appointed a Palliative Care Nurse Navigator who will work with you, your doctor’s office and the hospital to coordinate your care.
If you have questions about palliative care, please contact our Palliative Care Nurse Navigator at (813) 779-6292.