At Florida Hospital Zephyrhills, we know that emergencies can be stressful. That's why our board certified physicians* and highly trained ER staff are ready to help at a moment's notice. Our $5 million emergency room is designed to deliver exceptional emergency care with less waiting, less stress and more attention to your needs. We have streamlined the registration process, improved flow for better efficiency, increased patient privacy, upgraded our Fast Track area and created a pediatric friendly environment.
Take a Virtual ER Tour
We Offer Pediatric Friendly Emergency Care
ER pediatric care at Florida Hospital Zephyrhills is coordinated by Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital. Together with Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, we share the common goal of being leaders in children's health and well-being through treatment,education and advocacy. Our emergency room has adopted clinical protocols from Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital to provide evidence-based standards of care for pediatric emergency care.
Our pediatric patients will discover a pirate ship themed play area in the hospital's main ER lobby. This area was designed especially for children and is equipped with interactive game kiosks offering more than 30 activities to reduce anxiety and keep children entertained during their ER visit. In addition, we offer two special pediatric suites to calm the fears of our pediatric patients. These rooms have walls that are wrapped in a child friendly island theme with blue and white clouds painted on ceiling tiles. Even the sharps containers are covered with a treasure chest so they don't look so scary to our younger patients.
About Our Emergency Department
- Board Certified physicians*
- 23 state-of-the-art all private treatment rooms
- Fast Track area with quick, efficient treatment for minor emergencies
- Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)
- Kid friendly suites and play area
- Eight semi-private results waiting areas with individual televisions
- A separate observation unit that has doubled in size
- More than 35,000 patients treated each year from infants to geriatrics
- Ability to treat conditions ranging from minor emergencies and trauma, to life-threatening emergencies.
Nationally Recognized, Award Winning Care
- One of America's Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Stroke, Orthopedics and Patient Safety by the Women's Choice Award, 2017, 2018
- The FIRST hospital in Florida to be awarded Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement by The Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- American Heart Association, Get with the Guidelines Heart Failure Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award, 2017
- American Heart Association, Mission: Lifeline Silver for STEMI Receiving Facility, 2017
- American Heart/American Stroke Association, Get With The Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus TS Quality Achievement Award, 2017
- The Joint Commission Disease – Specific Primary Stroke Center Accreditation
*Emergency care physicians are independent members of the hospital's medical staff.