At Florida Hospital, we know that emergencies can be stressful. That's why our board certified physicians* and highly trained ER staff are ready to help at a moment's notice. Inspired by a greater purpose, we also understand that a few kind words and a gentle touch can be just as important as the medical expertise we provide.
ER pediatric care at Florida Hospital Zephyrhills is coordinated by Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital. Together with Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, we share the common goal of being leaders in children's health and well-being through treatment, education and advocacy. Our emergency room has adopted clinical protocols from Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital to provide evidence based standards of care for pediatric emergency care.
About Our Emergency Department
- Board Certified physicians*
- 22 state-of-the-art treatment rooms
- Fast Track Program for quick, efficient treatment
- Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)
- More than 35,000 patients treated each year from infants to geriatrics
- Ability to treat conditions ranging from minor emergencies and trauma, to life-threatening emergencies.
Nationally Recognized, Award Winning Care
- The Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®: Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, and Surgical Care (2012, 2013, 2014)
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- American Heart Association, Get with the Guidelines Heart Failure Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award, 2016
- American Heart Association, Mission: Lifeline Silver Plus for STEMI Receiving Facility, 2015
- The Joint Commission Disease – Specific Primary Stroke Center Accreditation
- American Stroke Association, Get with the Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award, 2015
What patients are saying about our E.D.
“Everything and everyone was great!”
“The whole staff was very comforting to me. They treated me right away upon every visit.”
“Having an elbow dislocation was very painful, but they did everything to make me comfortable.”
“I was taken right away to see the doctor – was very prompt.”
“My husband and I can’t say enough about the care – excellent!”
*Emergency care physicians are independent members of the hospital's medical staff.