For most people, a once in a lifetime skydive is far less dangerous than a lifetime of poor eating and inactivity. Thankfully, Florida Hospital Zephyrhills has the knowledge and technology to prevent, diagnose and treat Tampa Bay’s number one killer, heart disease. From education and outreach efforts to emergency medical care and advanced surgical procedures, including open heart, our lifesaving expertise is your best defense against the all too real danger of heart disease.
The award-winning Heart and Vascular Program at Florida Hospital Zephyrhills is the only comprehensive cardiac program in central and east Pasco County. Our program houses clinical talent, services and technologies typically found in major metropolitan hospitals. Ranging from routine cardiac screenings and pulmonary rehab to open heart procedures and minimally invasive valve repair, our full breadth of cardiac care is led by a highly-skilled team of board-certified cardiologists, electro physiologists, cardiac surgeons, and specialized critical care nurses. We’ve helped thousands of people overcome challenging issues, and have the experience to address a wide range of chronic, complex heart disorders and diseases.
- Open Heart Surgery
- Coronary Bypass Grafting
- Cardiac Valve Repair and Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Valve Surgery
- Thoracic Aneurysm Repair
- Coronary Stenting
- Peripheral Stenting
- EKOS and Acute Myocardial Infarction Stenting
- Electrophysiology (EP)
- Ablation and 3D Mapping
- Atrial fibrillation
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardiac Diagnostics
- Radial Catheterization
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab
- Left Atrial Appendage Clipping
Nationally Recognized Heart Care
The Florida Hospital Zephyrhills Heart Program is the only Nationally Accredited Heart Failure Institute in east Pasco County, and the only hospital in east Pasco County that offers comprehensive cardiac services including open heart capabilities. Some of our most recent awards and accolades include:
- American Heart Association “Mission Lifeline” Silver for Heart Attack Care 2014
- American Heart Association “Get with the Guidelines” Gold for Heart Failure 2015
- HealthGrades 3-Star Rating for Treatment of Heart Attack in 2014
- HealthGrades 5-Star Rating for Coronary Intervention 2014
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for Heart Attack and Heart Failure (Joint Commission) 2013, 2014
- The ONLY Accredited Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) in East Pasco County.
To learn more about the trusted cardiovascular services we provide, call (813) 779-6461.