Heart and Vascular Program
The award-winning Heart Program at Florida Hospital Zephyrhills is the only comprehensive cardiac program, including open heart surgery, in Central and East Pasco County. Our cardiovascular services range from routine cardiac screenings and cardiopulmonary rehab to open heart procedures and minimally invasive valve repair. Led by a team of independent cardiologists, electrophysiologists and cardiovascular surgeons, we have the experience to address a wide range of chronic heart and vascular disorders and diseases.
In addition, we are a nationally Accredited Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI). Our hospital is equipped with two cardiac catheterization suites, a designated open heart surgical suite, a dedicated electrophysiology suite and a team of cardiac professionals and board certified cardiologist* and cardiovascular surgeons*.
At Florida Hospital Zephyrhills we know that time is critical during a heart attack. That is why we developed a Rapid Response Chest Pain Team, designed to treat heart patients within 90 minutes. Our Rapid Response Chest Pain Team operates by coordinating the efforts of local EMS agencies and the Florida Hospital Zephyrhill's emergency department, flight team, catheterization labs and cardiologists 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
LEARN THE EARLY SIGNS & SYMPTOMS OF A HEART ATTACK
- Chest pressure, squeezing, aching or burning
- Pain that travels down one or both arms
- Jaw pain
- Excessive fatigue
- Back pain
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling of fullness
If you or someone you know, shows signs of a heart attack, call 9-1-1 immediately.
Our Cardiovascular Services
- Open Heart Surgery
- Coronary Bypass Grafting
- Cardiac Valve Repair and Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Valve Surgery
- Thoracic Aneurysm Repair
- Coronary Stenting
- Peripheral Stenting
- EKOS and Acute Myocardial Infarction Stenting
- Electrophysiology (EP)
- Ablation and 3D Mapping
- Atrial fibrillation
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardiac Diagnostics
- Radial Catheterization
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab
- Left Atrial Appendage Clipping
Our Vascular Services
- Abdominal Angiogram
- Carotid Angiogram
- Renal Angiogram
- Extremity Angiogram (peripheral angiography)
- Endovascular Aneurysm Repair
- Femorodistal Bypass Graft (limb salvage)
- Fistulogram (Dialysis Access)
- Hemodialysis Catheter Insertion
- Thrombolysis (blood clot treatment)
We offer the only Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation Program in East and Central Pasco. This program is designed to help patients with heart, lung or vascular disease to improve their health and quality of life.
To assist in coordinating your vascular procedure at Florida Hospital Zephyrhills, we have appointed a Vascular Nurse Navigator who will work with you, your surgeon's office and the hospital to coordinate your hospital visit. If you have questions about your procedure, you can reach our Vascular Navigator at (813) 779-6277.
At Florida Hospital Zephyrhills, we offer a dedicated electrophysiology lab that is staffed by experienced, independent Electrophysiologists and Registered Cardiovascular EP Specialists. Our lab offers Electrophysiology (EP) Studies utilizing 3D mapping to pinpoint the type and source of abnormal heart arrhythmias quickly. We utilize implantable devices such as pacemakers (PPM) and cardioverter-defibrillators (ICD) to control the heart's rhythm, in addition to cardiac ablation or radiofrequency ablation to permanently eliminate the source of electrical disruption.
We offer treatment for many types of arrhythmia including:
- Accessory pathway tachycardias
- Atrial fibrillation
- Atrial flutter
- Premature atrial contractions
- Premature ventribular contractions (PVCs)
- Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia (PSVT)
We also provide a monthly Heartbeat Support Group for those affected by heart disease and/or atrial fibrillation (A-FIB). For more information about this support group and other heart healthy educational seminars, visit the events section of our website.
Florida Hospital Zephyrhills is the only hospital in east Pasco County that offers comprehensive cardiac services, including open heart capabilities. Some of our most recent awards and accolades include:
- American Heart Association Mission Lifeline Silver for STEMI Receiving Facility 2017
- American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines Heart Failure Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award, 2017
- American Heart Association Get With The Guidelines Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award, 2017
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)
- Named one of America's Best Hospitals for Heart Care by the Women's Choice Award®, America's trusted referral source for the best in healthcare. The award signifies that the Heart Institute at Florida Hospital Zephyrhills is in the top nine percent of 4,789 U.S. hospitals offering heart care services, 2017, 2018.
To learn more about the cardiovascular services we provide, call (813) 779-6461.
*Cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons are independent members of our medical staff.