If you need to see a urologist or nephrologist, look no further. The experts at Winter Park Memorial Hospital, a Florida Hospital, have you covered. In fact, U.S. News & World Report recently rated Florida Hospital one of the best urology hospitals in the entire country. Our elite, world-renowned specialists use state-of-the-art technology to perform highly advanced and effective procedures and techniques—indeed, physicians from all over our community look to our experienced team for guidance and training.
Urology is a medical and surgical specialty focusing on conditions affecting the organs that comprise the urinary tract: the adrenal glands, kidneys, male reproductive organs, ureters, urethra and urinary bladder. Common urinary-tract conditions include urinary tract infections, overactive bladder, kidney stones, male infertility and prostate cancer, the second most common cancer in American men. These conditions, though different, often have similar symptoms.
Nephrology, meanwhile, is a specialty focusing on the kidneys. Nephrologists diagnose and treat conditions such as acute renal failure, kidney stones, hypertension and autoimmune diseases, including lupus. In many cases, the kidneys are affected by other conditions throughout the body, so our nephrology experts often work in tandem with other specialists.
Don’t hesitate to seek immediate medical attention for symptoms of any urinary or nephrology conditions. With prostate cancer, one of the most serious urological conditions, time is of the essence, and early treatment can save lives. Schedule your appointment at Winter Park Memorial Hospital today.
The urology and nephrology experts at Winter Park Memorial Hospital have the advanced skills and technology to perform a number of cutting-edge procedures and treatments. The procedures we perform range from traditional (e.g., for kidney stones) to complex (e.g., penile implants). They include:
- Adrenal surgery: Adrenal surgery is performed to remove malignancies of the adrenal glands.
- Contigen injections: Contigen is a collagen material injected under the urethral or bladder neck lining to treat incontinence or the leakage of urine.
- Cryotherapy: This prostate cancer treatment, also called cryoablation or cryosurgery, uses freezing to destroy cancer cells without major surgery or radiation.
- da Vinci® Surgical System : The Florida Urology Associates at Winter Park Memorial Hospital performed the first minimally invasive procedure using the da Vinci® Surgical System , the only operative surgical robot deemed safe by the Food and Drug Administration for surgery. This system enables our expert surgeons to perform minimally invasive surgeries with amazing precision, and without the scarring, pain and downtime associated with more major surgeries.
- ESWL: Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy, or ESWL, is an advanced treatment that uses shock waves to break kidney stones into small pieces that can travel more easily through the urinary tract.
- Greenlight PVP Laser: This minimally invasive procedure is an ideal solution to benign prostate hyperplasia; it uses a high-powered laser to vaporize and precisely remove enlarged prostate tissue.
- Laparoscopy: Florida Urology Associates was the first area practice to perform cutting-edge laparoscopic surgery, in which a camera and small incisions are used to perform a number of urinary-tract procedures.
- Laser lithotripsy: This procedure uses pulses delivered through a fiber optic cable to pulverize impacted kidney stones, enabling them to be more easily passed from the body.
- Sphincter implants: Sphincter implants offer a life-changing opportunity for men who have had to wear a diaper to control incontinence. By implanting an artificial sphincter, our experts can put men back in control of their excretory functions.
- Penile implants: Penile implants, which require a complex surgery, offer hope to men suffering from erectile dysfunction and enable them to achieve erection.
Prostate Cancer Support Group
For men battling prostate cancer, Winter Park Memorial Hospital’s monthly Prostate Cancer Support Group provides education and support. Participants gain valuable information from experts in several fields related to prostate cancer. For more information on these free meetings, please give us a call at (407) 599-6111.