In conjunction with Florida Hospital Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation and the Crosby YMCA (where our outpatient facility is located), Winter Park Memorial Hospital is pleased to offer a number of rehabilitation services. These include:
- Joint pain: Joints are involved in nearly every activity individuals do. When joints become injured or diseased, often because of arthritis, the resulting pain can be severe and debilitating. No matter the cause, avoiding movement can make things worse and cause bones and muscles to become weak.
- Medical fitness: In partnership with Crosby YMCA, our medical fitness program provides safe, effective personalized fitness regimens with one-on-one training. These fitness programs can focus on weight management or general lifestyle issues, although we also have programs specifically targeted toward cardiac patients, adolescents, seniors, spinal cord and Parkinson’s disease patients, and others. Personal training sessions start at just $25.
- Therapeutic massage: Research has demonstrated that massage can greatly benefit one’s health and well-being by strengthening and toning the entire body, preventing unnecessary strains and injuries, and by calming the nervous system. We offer seven different types of massage: neuromuscular, deep tissue, trigger point, myofascial release, relaxation, reflexology, and a mommy massage for pregnant women.
- Orthopedic and sports injuries: When there is trauma to the body’s musculoskeletal system because of work- or sports-related injuries, overuse, trauma, surgery or other causes, the resulting pain and limited movement can interfere with a person’s ability to lead a normal, fully functional lifestyle. In our rehabilitative care program, therapists work to help patients decrease pain, muscle spasms and swelling through the use of ultrasound, electrical stimulation, soft tissue massage, heat and cold therapy and other therapeutic modalities. These programs emphasize exercise, activity modulation counseling, education and job simulation retraining, and are designed to prevent future injuries from occurring. We specialize in physical therapy, occupational therapy, rehabilitation, athletic training and sports medicine, exercise and wellness, biomechanical evaluation and orthotic fabrication, isokinetic strength training, total joint replacement rehabilitation, back injury rehabilitation and education, and offer a lumbar stabilization program.
- Vestibular/balance: Using a multidisciplinary approach, we offer a comprehensive evaluation and treatment plan to patients with vestibular and/or balance deficits—in other words, problems associated with impaired balance, positional or movement-related vertigo, gait ataxia and visual motion sensitivity. Our treatments are designed to: improve sensory organization and motor coordination; decrease positional and movement-related dizziness; improve visual-vestibular interactions and gaze stability; improve visual following; improve activity and independence; and decrease the risk of fall. Our state-of-the-art SMART Balance Master enables us to provide a reliable assessment of a patient’s balance function so that we can develop a data-rich, effective treatment program.