A cancer diagnosis can sometimes feel overwhelming—and very often produces quite a few questions: What is my prognosis? What are my treatment options? Am I going to lose my hair or become sick after radiation or chemotherapy?
The Florida Hospital Cancer Institute (FCHI) at Winter Park Memorial Hospital has the experience and advanced technologies to put your mind at ease. The FHCI treats more cancer patients than any other health care system in Florida. We provide our patients with a comprehensive continuum of services beginning with prevention and diagnosis to treatment and research, all in the holistic spirit of care on which Florida Hospital has prided itself for more than a century.
The FHCI at Winter Park Memorial Hospital offers our neighbors convenient access to the latest in medical oncology, support and education programs, and a team of highly qualified physicians, certified oncology nurses and other health care professionals. The cancer services provided at FHCI at Winter Park Memorial Hospital include:
- Medical oncology that combines advanced treatments with caring and qualified physicians
- Radiation oncology, featuring intensity-modulated radiation therapy, external beam therapy, high dose rate afterloading, and MammoSite and prostate seed implants
- A dedicated inpatient unit with certified oncology nurses and private beds
- A convenient outpatient facility with dedicated, easily accessible parking for cancer patients
- Patient support and education
- Support groups
- Oncology-certified social workers
- Coordinated care programs with patients with melanoma, breast, lung, colorectal and prostate cancer
- Access to state-of-the-art diagnostic services, including positron emission mammography, positron emission tomography and magnetic resonance imaging
- Transanal minimally invasive surgery
- Our Cancer Resource Library features a collection of education materials for our patients
- Access to over 150 clinical trials