Volunteers at Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel are dedicated and compassionate members of our healthcare team and are integral to providing world-class service to our patients and visitors. Our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ is the basis upon which our program is built. Your time and talents can make a meaningful difference in our community and in the lives of our patients.
We offer teen, college student and adult volunteer opportunities. Our teen program is year-round. We do not offer a “summer only” program. Please carefully review the requirements for participation in our program:
- Minimum age is 16 at time Interest Form is submitted
- Time commitment is six months of service
- One four-hour shift per week
- Proficiency in the English language
- Minimum GPA for teens – 3.0
- Background check (provided by Volunteer Services at no cost to applicant)
- Health testing for TB, tobacco, nicotine and illegal drugs (provided by Employee Health at no cost to applicant)
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Volunteer training and orientation
Every Interest Form submitted is carefully reviewed. PLEASE NOTE: THE INTEREST FORM IS NOT AN APPLICATION. Due to the volume of Interest Forms we receive daily, an application packet is only offered if the review reveals a potential match between the information provided and one of our current openings.
Once an application packet is offered and the applicant has completed it, the next steps conducted by the Volunteer Manager are interview, selection and placement. The entire process can take six to eight weeks or longer to complete.
Thank you for your interest in sharing your time with us.