Physical Therapy for pelvic health focuses on improving function of pelvic floor muscles and pelvic girdle that are essential to supporting your core, bowel, bladder, and sexual function. This therapy is offered to both men and women. Our therapists have advanced training in this subspecialty of physical therapy to help manage your condition.
To book an appointment, call (813) 929-5407
What conditions can benefit from this type of physical therapy?
If you suffer from any of the following conditions, you may benefit from pelvic floor physical therapy:
- Urge/Stress/Mixed Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Retention, Frequency, Urgency
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Painful Bladder Syndrome
- Prolapse, Post Prolapse Repair
- Fecal Incontinence
- Vestibulitis, Vulvadynia, Vaginismus
- Coccydynia, Sciatica, Hip Pain
- Pudendal Neuralgia
- Painful Intercourse (Dyspareunia)
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Prenatal and Postpartum Care
- Post Abdominal Surgery
- Post Prostatectomy
- Post-operative, Post-radiation, or Post chemotherapy Care for Incontinence or Pain for Gynecological Cancers
How can Physical Therapy help your condition?
Pelvic floor therapy is a conservative way to manage your symptoms of pain or dysfunction. Our treatment approach is individualized to treat your specific condition. Upon your first visit, your physical therapist will thoroughly explain the results of your evaluation and immediately begin steps towards helping you achieve your goals. We understand the need for modesty and have private treatment rooms for complete discretion. You will be schedule with the same therapist for one-on-one treatment each time.
- Strengthening Exercises
- Relaxation Exercises or Techniques
- Postural Assessment and Education
- Manual Therapy
- Modalities: Ultrasound, Cold Laser, Cold/Hot Therapy
- Home Exercise Programs
- Self-Care Programs