Imaging and radiology technology is perhaps the most important tool available to doctors, giving them the ability to detect and treat medical conditions inside the body without making an incision. This means a faster recovery time for our patients and life-saving, early detection.
Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel conveniently offers state-of-the-art imaging and radiology technology to the Tampa Bay area community. We provide the most advanced imaging services with a 128-slice CT and digital imaging. This creates precise evaluation and diagnosis, and produces your results faster. We can transmit your test electronically, so your specialist gets results and you get treatment faster.
Our radiologists and technicians are specially trained to use the most advanced imaging and digital x-ray equipment available. This equipment provides better results and more precise procedures. We can assess the risk of osteoporosis in less than one minute, develop a 3-D image of a baby’s face from within the womb and even detect the earliest signs of breast cancer when it is the most treatable.
And we offer this advanced technology in a low-stress, comforting environment with ambient lighting and excellent customer service. Our facility was built to serve you.
Schedule your appointment at Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel today to speak with a doctor about your symptoms before determining if imaging tests are necessary.
What is imaging?
Many patients with painful symptoms do not know what is causing their pain, and oftentimes the symptoms they experience can point to a large variety of conditions. With imaging technology, doctors can use advanced tools to see inside the body without making an incision. They get a clearer picture of what may be causing the symptoms, and the patient experiences very little discomfort, if any.
Some imaging technology actually helps doctors perform surgical procedures using only small incisions, reducing recovery time, pain and the risk of complications.
Imaging tests include:
- CT or CAT Scans Computerized tomography (CT scan) combines a series of X-ray views taken from different angles and computer processing to create cross-sectional images of the bones and soft tissues inside the body.
- 3D Mammography with Digital Breast Tomosynthesis Mammagraphy is an X-ray picture of the breast used to check for breast cancer. Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel offers 3D Mammography with Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (Tomo), considered a breakthrough in mammography, providing a clearer more accurate view of the breast, leading to better detection, fewer call backs and greater peace of mind.
- Endoscopy Used to see inside the body’s organs or hollow cavities, the small instrument, called an endoscope, is a flexible tube that usually includes a small scope at the end to take pictures and a cutting tool to remove tissue. The endoscopy procedure involves inserting the small flexible tube into the mouth or the anus to examine the organs. While this concept is used to diagnose conditions throughout the body, the name of the procedure differs depending on which organs are being examined. Florida Hospital physicians use endoscopies to diagnose and treat conditions from inner ear issues to stomach cancer.
- Bone Densitometry Bone densitometry is used to measure the bone mineral content and density. This measurement can indicate decreased bone mass, a condition in which bones are more brittle and more prone to break or fracture easily. Bone densitometry is used primarily to diagnose osteoporosis and to determine fracture risk. It is recommended that all women aged 65 and older should be screened for osteoporosis. Additionally, it is recommended that bariatric surgery patients be tested prior to surgery and regularly assessed. There may be other reasons for your doctor to recommend bone densitometry. There may be other reasons for your doctor to recommend bone densitometry.
- Fluoroscopy During a fluoroscopy procedure, an X-ray beam is passed through the body to create a continuous image on a monitor.
- MRI and 3T MRI A procedure using magnetic fields and radio-wave energy to generate detailed pictures of the body. Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel is home to a 3T MRI, which allows for quicker more accurate diagnoses.
- Digital X-ray X-ray imaging works by directing radiation through body tissue to create images of internal structures, allowing physicians to view bones, muscles and organs.
- Ultrasound and 3D Ultrasound (Vascular, General and OB/GYN) Ultrasound works by beaming sound waves into the body to generate images of internal organs and blood vessels.
- PET A type of nuclear medicine measuring the metabolic activity of cells and used to evaluate tumors.
What is radiology?
Radiology is a specialty of medicine where a highly trained doctor uses imaging technology to diagnose and perform procedures to treat diseases. In a facet of radiology called interventional radiology, the doctor can perform minimally invasive, precise surgery using imaging technology to guide the procedure.
See how this advanced technology can help treat your condition, reduce pain and decrease your recovery time. Schedule an appointment at Florida Hospital Wesley Chapel today.