Florida Hospital Waterman is the first in Lake County to earn a Joint Commission certified Gold Seal of Approval® for Knee and Hip replacement. The certification award recognizes Florida Hospital Waterman Joint Replacement Center’s commitment to the highest level of safety and quality care for its patients. The Joint Replacement Center is newly renovated and expanded featuring all private rooms and an inpatient orthopedic rehabilitation center with a group therapy room.
The Joint Replacement Surgeons
The expert surgeons at the Florida Hospital Waterman Joint Replacement Center are dedicated to getting their patients out of bed and back into their street clothes—and on with their lives—the very first day after surgery. We’ll keep your body in motion.
Our surgeons are:
Our Orthopedics Coordinator is available to assist you every step of the way - from helping prepare for surgery with a Pre-Surgery Joint Replacement Education Class, to coordinating your post-operative and rehabilitation needs.In order to be fully prepared and develop a complete understanding of the process, we encourage our patients to attend our Pre-Surgery Joint Replacement Education Class before their surgery. The goal of this class is to educate the patient on what to expect before, during and after the Joint Replacement Surgery.
The Class will educate the patient on:
- The importance of nutrition before, during and after surgery
- Safety and importance of preparing the home for return after surgery
- Details of the pre-admission testing process
- What to pack for your hospital stay
- Pain scale and the importance of pain management after surgery
- Importance of blood clot prevention, pneumonia prevention and equipment used after surgery
- Role of physical therapy and occupational therapy after surgery
- Role of case management with discharge planning
The Class will conclude the class with a special time for the patient to get answers to any questions they may have.
To register for a free orthopedic educational seminar, call (352) 253-3635.
For more information or to register for a Pre-Surgery Joint Replacement Education Class, call the Orthopedic Coordinator at (352) 253-3794.