Many patients would rather receive treatment within the comfort of their homes instead of in the hospital. Home care can reduce stress, providing a safe, comfortable environment that encourages recovery and prolongs lives.
Florida Hospital Waterman Home Care Services is the right choice for individuals who require intermittent or private duty care within their homes. We are a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. We are state-licensed and a Medicare/Medicaid-certified home health agency, as well as a private duty licensed agency that is Medicare certified. We’ve provided high quality, compassionate home health care in our community since 1977.
Our home care is a team effort that encourages family to actively participate in the care of their loved one, ensuring that we effectively meet the patient’s physical and psychological needs.
- Home care is appropriate for many cases, including:
- Patients who’ve been recently discharged from the hospital but have not yet fully recovered
- Patients with chronic conditions that require monitoring
- Patients with limited mobility who need therapy services
- Patients who require a pain management plan
Our home care services are compassionately provided by: professional registered nurses, certified wound care nurses, an IV team of nurses whose skills include certified chemotherapy administration, licensed practical nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, medical social workers, home health aides and private duty services team members.
If you would like more information about Florida Hospital Waterman’s Home Care Services, call us today at (352) 253-3900.
Our caring, compassionate home care team provides a number of services, including:
We offer the best in skilled nursing care, delivered with compassion and respect in the comfort of our patients’ homes. The plan of care is designed around the individual needs of each patient and formulated through collaboration with the physician, patient and caregiver.
Our rehabilitation team includes the following disciplines:
- Physical therapy, which focuses on promoting optimal function and safety while maximizing the patient’s range of motion, strength, flexibility and mobility.
- Occupational therapy, which teaches compensatory techniques for activities of daily living to help restore the patient’s maximum level of independence and safety.
- Speech therapy, which ensures all patients with speech, swallowing, language, memory and hearing disorders receive services to help them communicate effectively.
Medical Social Worker
Provides patient’s with the expertise they need to navigate the health care system.
Home Health Aides
Our home health aides work under the supervision of a registered nurse or therapist to provide services.
These services include:
- Patient and caregiver education
- Medication management
- Medical and surgical follow-up
- Wound ostomy continence management (WOCN) by board-certified WOCN nurses
- Infusion therapy and pain management
- Chronic disease management including heart failure, diabetes and COPD.
- Orthopedic rehabilitative programs for hip, knee and shoulder joint replacement patients
- Alzheimer and dementia management
- Comprehensive home safety program
License # HHA212820961
Private Duty Services
Florida Hospital Waterman private duty services provide patients with the necessary assistance and hands-on care needed to maintain a safe, independent and enjoyable lifestyle. Our full spectrum of services is tailored to the needs of each patient and caregiver, and independence and excellence in the delivery of service are our top priority.
Our continuum of private duty services is provided by:
- Skilled nurses
- Home health aides/certified nursing assistants/ homemakers/ companions/sitters Our private duty services include:
- Registered Nurse case management and supervision
- Companion service, light housekeeping and hygiene assistance
- Bathing, grooming and dressing assistance
- Meal preparation and medication reminders
Transportation to and from medical appointments Transition to Home Program Our Transition to Home Program assists patients in achieving a safe and less traumatic return home after being discharged from the hospital, rehab facility or other inpatient facilities.