- Wednesday, May 14 2014
- 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Conry CREATION Health Center Florida Hospital Waterman 1000 Waterman Way, Tavares FL
Florida Hospital Waterman is partnering with the Florida Hospital Diabetes Institute (FHDI) to provide patients with the tools and information they need to manage their diabetes daily and make positive lifestyle changes. This is the only American Diabetes Association certified education courses of its kind available in Lake County. Physician referral is required. Covered by Medicare and most insurances. Talk to your doctor today!
Manage your diabetes and enjoy a healthier lifestyle by learning everyday strategies focused on nutrition, exercise and disease management.
THE CLASS COVERS:
•planning meals to improve blood glucose control
•designing a meal plan
•monitoring blood glucose
•managing diabetes and preventing complications
•starting an exercise program
•making lifestyle changes to improve overall health
WHO SHOULD I SEND TO DIABETES EDUCATION?
• Newly diagnosed type 1 or type 2 diabetes patients
• Already diagnosed and:
- never attended comprehensive education
- attended a class more than 3 years ago
- have recently had changes in their medication / care plan
- are having difficulty managing their medications or meal plans
- are not meeting management goals established by your office
Call (407) 303-2822 for more information or CLICK HERE.