One of the best ways to ensure you’re getting the best care is to stay informed about your medical condition. These statistics and facts on uterine cancer can help you understand the condition and how it affects women just like you. These are some of the important figures you need to know:
- Uterine cancer is the broad term for cancers affecting the structures of the uterus.
- Endometrial cancer affects the lining of the uterus and is the most common form of cancer affecting the female reproductive system.
- While many uterine cancers affect women over 55, cervical cancer affects mostly women under 55.
- The American Cancer Society estimated that more than 47,000 cases of uterine cancer would be diagnosed in 2012.
- Not all conditions in the uterus are cancerous. These benign conditions can cause similar symptoms: fibroid tumors, endometriosis, hyperplasia.
- Doctors may recommend a variety of treatments or just a single treatment depending on your individual condition.
Stay informed about your health to ensure you’re getting the highest level of treatment.