Related conditions of an umbilical hernia consist of an inguinal hernia, hiatal hernia, and incisional hernia, all which are recognized as the most common hernias. Screening, tests, and treatments are designed to treat these types of hernias using similar techniques.
The following related conditions of an umbilical hernia include:
- Inguinal hernia (lower groin near inguinal canal).
- Femoral hernia (near the upper groin and femoral artery).
- Hiatal hernia (protrusion of stomach through diaphragm).
- Epigastric hernia (protrusion in upper abdomen).
- Abdominal hernia (protrusion in the mid-section of abdomen).
Call Florida Hospital to request additional literature on the related conditions of an umbilical hernia.