Related treatments give patients an opportunity to use alternatives beyond traditional surgery and tumor burning. Treating a noncancerous or cancerous tumor will depend on the type of growth, its location, and the size.
Other treatment options to tumor burning follow below:
- Tumor freezing (known as cryosurgery)
- Tumor removal (a variety of treatment options are available for this).
- Laser therapy (commonly performed on tumor located on skin surface). photodynamic therapy (use of light and chemical destroy cancer cells).
- Curettage and electrodesiccation (scraping out tumor and cauterizing the wound).
- Biological therapy (injecting natural contents to recruit immune defense system against cancer).
- Radiation therapy (use of X-ray to shrink and kill cancer cells).
- Electric field treatments
Tumor burning may be just one of a variety of procedures included in a your cancer treatment plan. Talk to a physician at Florida Hospital to discuss other treatments available.