After the correct diagnosis is made, treatments for trigeminal neuralgia vary depending on cause of the condition and the severity of the pain.
Florida Hospital offers minimally invasive procedures for patients who qualify. These procedures reduce the pain and recovery time for patients by limiting the trauma on the body. Each of these advanced treatments for trigeminal neuralgia use cutting edge technology to provide the best care for each patient’s individual condition.
Depending on the diagnosis, doctors at Florida Hospital may recommend a certain treatment for trigeminal neuralgia or a combination of several therapies.
These are some of the treatments that may be administered:
- Medications for chronic pain
- Gamma Knife® radiosurgery
- Endoscopic brain surgery
- Endoscopic endonasal skull base surgery
- Microvascular decompression
- Traditional brain surgery
- Alternative surgeries such as acupuncture, acupressure and massage