Florida Hospital is committed to providing quality care while reducing costs and confusion.
Health care is expensive.
Health care is a major expense for most families across Florida. Often, it’s an expense that comes at a time of uncertainty and stress. When your health is compromised, your wallet can be too.
Why is this happening?
In America, people are paying more for health care than ever before. And not just because the care is more expensive — patients also have higher deductibles and copayments — they are paying a greater portion of their hospital bill than they have in the past. A higher percentage of our income is paying for health care.
Savvy consumers are now shopping for health care just as they would for any product. But comparing prices and quality of a medical procedure isn’t as simple as buying a new car. With so many different insurance plans, it can often be difficult to figure out what parts of your medical procedure will be covered and how much you will be expected to pay.
Getting an estimate from an insurance company or a hospital is one way to make sure there won’t be major surprises when the bills start coming in the mail.
Florida Hospital is here to help.
Florida Hospital understands these are challenging times for patients who need care but are unsure how much it will cost and how they will pay for it. We are helping patients:
- Patients who have scheduled hospital procedures can get a price estimate prepared just for you based on your insurance, doctor, procedure and medical history. Personalized price estimates are the best way to estimate what your health-care costs will likely be. You can shop and plan ahead for health care. In 2014, Florida Hospital provided more than 200,000 personalized price estimates statewide.
- We have dozens of employees who help quality patients sign up for Medicare or Medicaid.
- We have onsite Navigators who can help those who qualified to sign up for insurance on the Health Insurance Marketplace.
By making hospital billing easier
- We are partnering with the federal government to pilot a bundled payment plan — patients get one bill for certain medical procedures performed at Florida Hospital Orlando. This can save patients money and the frustration of getting multiple medical bills for the same surgery. One bill for one surgery.
Get the best quality health care
- Florida Hospital is working to make health care more affordable without compromising the medical expertise we are known for in Florida.
- Florida Hospital is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of America's best hospitals.
- 3.8 million people in Florida don’t have health insurance and can’t afford it.
- Florida Hospital forgives the bills of more than 150,000 of our most vulnerable neighbors every year.
- Florida Hospital operates free clinics to help the uninsured and donates to other facilities in the community who do the same.
By working with partners
- Hospitals can’t make health care a better value on their own. That’s why Florida Hospital is working with insurance companies, pharmacies, doctors and other partners to find ways to reduce waste and keep costs down.
Florida Hospital remains focused on the health of the communities we serve while also reducing the cost of care.