The Florida Hospital Tampa Women’s Health Pavilion is a freestanding center dedicated to caring for women throughout all stages of their life. Our comfortable and nurturing atmosphere combined with our expert physicians and highly skilled nursing team enables us to provide neonatal, obstetrical, gynecological and urological services and a comprehensive breast care program. We offer women comprehensive care, for life.
For more information on the Women's Health Pavilion or to schedule an appointment with us, please call (813) 615-7300.
What We Provide
The Women's Center features:
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU): A 15-bed nursery with a team of neonatologists, pediatric physician specialists, neonatal nurses and respiratory therapists, every one of them available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Postpartum Depression Program: The Women's Health Pavilion was the first facility in the Tampa Bay area to offer perinatal mood disorder risk assessment screening, support groups and seminars. Our mission is to reduce the incidence of postpartum depression and other perinatal mood disorders through screenings, education and providing appropriate referral and support.
- Labor & Delivery: Experience a new level of personalized care with our comprehensive obstetrics services at the Florida Hospital Tampa Women’s Health Pavilion. You’ll enjoy the comfort and luxury amenities you’d expect at a spa, coupled with compassionate, expert care.
- Midwife Care: The Women’s Health Pavilion has partnered with Women’s Health Care to offer compassionate, personal care for all women’s health and birth needs for expectant mothers in the Tampa Bay community. Midwifery care is able to offer mothers and their families a full array of childbirth planning and delivery options.
To make your delivery extra special we offer a birth designer to customize your birth experience, a personal concierge for your non-medical needs and complimentary amenities.
Mothers give birth in one of ten beautifully designed labor/delivery/recovery suites. This unit also features a six-bed triage area. The Women's Health Pavilion provides Couplet Care, a special kind of nursing care for new mothers, newborns and the entire family. Mothers and babies are never separated, but rather stay together from the time of birth until discharged home unless there is a concern about the health of either mother or baby.
- Perinatal Unit: eight suites for women who might need care during high-risk pregnancies
- A Mother's Gift: Our Lactation Support Center is staffed by registered nurses experienced in maternal-child nursing and board certified in lactation consulting. A full-service boutique offers breast pump rental, nursing bras, breast feeding supplies and accessories and maternity clothes. For more information or for a free telephone consultation, please call (813) 615-7958.
- Mother/Baby Unit: 20 private suites staffed by nurses who are nationally certified in maternal and newborn health care and all are neonatal resuscitation certified.
- Educational Programs: We offer classes for expectant and/or new parents and their family members. Classes are conveniently scheduled throughout the week and selective weekends.