Florida Hospital Tampa is looking for enthusiastic, committed individuals to join our volunteer team. Our volunteers are recognized for their professional courtesy, efficiency, passion and commitment to our hospital.
A volunteer is a smiling face for the hospital and a service to our patients, visitors, and staff. Volunteers serve the hospital under staff supervision and direction, without salary, and are assigned to specific departments based on availability, interests, capabilities and skills.
Benefits of being a volunteer:
- Complimentary meal with each four-hour shift
- Complimentary initial and annual Tuberculosis (TB) tests
- Complimentary flu shots
- Broadening your skills and knowledge
- Expanding your resume
- Opportunity to touch the lives of others
- Exploration of career opportunities
Steps to volunteer (the application process can take up to 4 weeks or longer to complete):
- Complete online application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. ALL fields are required. Minimum age is 16.
- Interview - Volunteer Services to call the applicant to schedule if the applicant meets requirements.
- Background check (18 years and older).
- Employee Health (urine drug screen, TB test, immunization records).
- Issue Assignment, start date, shirt and badge.
- Attend Orientation (7:30am-3:00pm). Orientation is held monthly except for December.
- Flu Vaccine is required annually (October thru March) and is provided free of charge through Employee Health. 18 years or older.
- All testing/reading must be completed before clearance is granted. Clearance is needed to be eligible to attend Volunteer Orientation
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at Florida Hospital Tampa or Florida Hospital at Connerton Long Term Acute Care, please click here to submit an application. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 813-615-7286.