A Nurse Navigator is a professional, highly skilled nurse who serves as an advocate, interpreter, educator and counselor for patients and their caregivers. Our Nurse Navigator is a member of a multi-disciplinary team of experts committed to the diagnosis and treatment of lung disease.
Brandi Rhody, RN, BSN
Lung Nodule Clinic Nurse Navigator
From the initial screening process, to diagnosis, testing, multiple treatment options, and survivorship, cancer care can be an intimidating journey for most patients. Our Lung Nodule Clinic Nurse Navigator helps make this continuum of care seamless for our oncology patients and their families by guiding them through each and every step.
Nurse Navigator Services:
• Establishes early contact and develops rapport with patient and family
• Serves as a primary and easily accessible resource to patient
• Provides necessary education of disease, staging, and treatment options to patient and family
• Identifies and addresses barriers to timely and appropriate diagnosis and treatment
• Assists patient in scheduling and coordinating appointments
• Connects patient with appropriate health care and community resources
• Assures a seamless transition from the clinic to the private offices of treating physicians
• Maintains accurate and timely communications among patient, consulting physicians and primary caregivers
To learn more about our Lung Nodule Clinic team or to schedule an appointment, call us at (813) 615-7300.