The Florida Hospital Tampa Sleep Center is the first in Tampa to be accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, being recognized for superior quality of patient care. Our Sleep Center is a state-of-the-art center offering superior patient care with six private sleeping rooms, each equipped with a queen-sized bed, private bathroom with shower, a flat-screen television and DVD player, and free wifi. Our Sleep Center can accommodate children and special needs patients including bariatric patients and handicapped patients, as well.
All of our staff are board-registered sleep technologists, and many of our interpreting physicians are board certified in sleep medicine. Whether referred by your primary care physician or a sleep specialist, your diagnostic test will be interpreted by an experienced sleep physician. The results of your sleep study will be sent to your referring physician. As a patient, you will receive periodic, post-visit follow-ups from our Sleep Center team.
To begin your sleep study process, please download our patient referral form for your physician to complete.
Preparing for Sleep Study
- Avoid naps day of testing
- No caffeine after 3 p.m.
- Have your hair and skin free of oil and products
- Take your usual medications unless otherwise instructed by your physician. (Do not take any sleep aids until you are instructed by the sleep technologist on the night of your study.)
- Wear comfortable bedtime clothing.
- Turn off cellphone when you arrive at the Sleep Center
Arrange your schedule so your sleep study may be completed (8 p.m. – 6:30 a.m.)