Comprehensive Inpatient Rehabilitation
The Comprehensive Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit at Florida Hospital Tampa is known as a "hospital within a hospital," where around 600 patients each year receive physical therapy following strokes, surgeries, hip fractures, spinal cord injuries and motor vehicle accidents. The unit has been fully certified by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), the gold standard for rehabilitation facilities in North America.
To learn more on the services we provide or to schedule an appointment at Florida Hospital Tampa today, call us at (813) 615-7565.
The Comprehensive Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit at Florida Hospital Tampa offers:
- The one-of-a-kind "Independence Square‚" a rehabilitation area featuring actual life skill challenges for patients, from walking to their mailbox to getting in and out of a car, navigating curbs and uneven sidewalks, and shopping for groceries
- Nintendo Wii video game system to help patients with motor skill development and mobility
- A 30-bed hospital setting with nurses, physicians and rehabilitation specialists available 24/7
- A team of more than 80 certified nurses and physical therapy specialists to accommodate every need of every patient
Outpatient Rehabilitative Services
Florida Hospital Tampa is proud to offer a wide range of outpatient rehabilitative services for a wide range of injuries, trauma or health related events. Our goal is to help each patient return to their daily activities by providing a comprehensive evaluation and personalized treatment plan to help them recover as much function as possible.
Our comprehensive services include:
- Rehabilitation to improve strength, flexibility, range of motion and mobility.
- Training to regain fine motor skills, balance, gait and coordination.
- Re-learning skills essential for activities of daily living such as eating, dressing and grooming.
- Evaluation and treatment of disorders of speech, language, cognition and swallowing.
- The center works with patients to reach their highest level of independence by using various. Our team approach and personalized treatment plans help our patients reach their goals and get back to their lives.
Our specialty programs include:
- Neurological disorders Therapy
- Hand Therapy
- Vestibular Disorders Management
- Speech, Language and Swallowing Therapy
- Comprehensive Lymphadema Management
- Amputee Services
- Rheumatological Conditions Therapy
- Oncology Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic Surgery Rehabilitation
- BIG and LOUD Parkinson’s Therapy
- McKenzie Method Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy for back, neck, and extremity issues