Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
At the Florida Hospital Tampa Women’s Health Pavilion we are proud to offer a Level III NICU. Staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, by an experienced team of in-house, board-certified neonatologists from Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital, neonatal nurses and respiratory therapists, high-risk babies receive the best possible care. Our newly remodeled unit offers 28 semi-private beds and features the latest technology to provide developmentally supportive, family-centered care in a safe and caring environment.
Our NICU is known for:
- An integrated team of specialists who provide comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic services and can meet the needs of newborns with various disorders, anomalies, disease processes, and syndromes.
- Family involvement: Families are included in the planning of care and encouraged to participate in caring for their child during their stay.
- Weekly discharge planning rounds, led by a dedicated case manager.
- A dedicated nurse practitioner who is available to staff and families for consultation and education.
- A multidisciplinary approach to care management including physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, certified lactation consultants, a nurse practitioner, social workers and therapists.
Dedicated Neonatal Transport
Our Neonatal Transport Team at Florida Hospital Tampa provides stabilization and transport for premature and full-term infants, newborn to 30 days of age, or infants weighing less than 5 kilograms. The Neonatal Transport team provides quick and efficient transfers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Using specially equipped ambulances our team picks up patients throughout the greater Tampa Bay region.
The team, staffed by a specially trained neonatal nurse and a respiratory therapist, provides care en route identical to that of the NICU. Each transport vehicle is equipped as a portable intensive care unit and allows the transport team to remain in constant communication with the Florida Hospital Tampa NICU before, during and after transport.