Comprehensive Imaging and Radiology Services
The Radiology Department at Florida Hospital Tampa features a full-service diagnostic imaging center with the most technologically advanced equipment and clinical expertise. Our board-certified radiologists have expertise in interventional radiology procedures, neuroradiology, musculoskeletal radiology, mammography, ultrasound and vascular imaging.
Imaging services are provided to patients who are admitted to our hospital, to patients in our Emergency Department and on an outpatient basis at a convenient location in our hospital.
For more detailed information on our full range of specialized imaging and X-ray services, or to schedule an appointment, please call us today at (813) 615-7795.
Imaging Services We Offer
The Imaging Services Department at Florida Hospital Tampa offers:
- Diagnostic X-ray, which works by directing radiation through body tissue to create images of internal structures, allowing physicians to view bones, muscles and organs.
- CT or CAT Scan (computerized tomography), which utilizes multiple X-ray angles to diagnose fractures, internal bleeding, tumors and diseases.
- Interventional Radiology, which treats conditions for real-time imaging, treating uterine fibroid embolization and a variety of ablation procedures, as well as diagnosis of disease.
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging), a procedure using magnetic fields and radio wave energy to generate detailed pictures of the body.
- Nuclear Medicine, used to focus on how a certain organ works through small radioactive doses that diagnose and treat disease.
- PET/CT (Position Emission Tomography), a type of nuclear medicine measuring the metabolic activity of cells and used to evaluate tumors.
- Ultrasound, which works by beaming sound waves into the body to generate images of internal organs and blood vessels.