Depending on a patient’s specific condition, related treatments to sleeve resection as well as non-surgical treatment options may be recommended. The other treatment options may better target the diseased tissue.
Doctors at Florida Hospital work with patients to develop a treatment plan based off of the individual patient’s health, condition and treatment goals.
These are some of the surgical related treatments that may be recommended instead of sleeve resection:
- Wedge Resection – when only part of the lung is damaged
- Lobectomy – when a lobe of the lung is damaged
- Pneumonectomy – when an entire lung is damaged
Regardless of whether surgical treatment is recommended, doctors may use these other treatment options alone or in combination with sleeve resection for comprehensive treatment:
- Radiation therapy to kill targeted cancer cells
- Chemotherapy to stop cancer from spreading
- Targeted therapy to fight cancer from within
Find out more about these treatment options at Florida Hospital.