Depending on the severity and location of the cancer, treating sinus tumors can be difficult. The sinuses are located extremely close to many vital organs, tissue and glands. Any treatment in this area has to be extremely accurate to avoid damaging surrounding organs and tissue.
Doctors at Florida Hospital work with patients to develop the best treatment plan for the patient’s overall health, specific condition and health goals. Doctors may recommend one or a combination of these treatments for sinus tumors:
- Surgery to remove the tumor, affected tissue or lymph nodes
- Minimally invasive and robotic surgery to reduce patient’s pain and recovery time
- Radiation therapy to kill cancer cells in a targeted area
- Chemotherapy to stop the cancer from spreading
- Gene therapy helps the immune system recognize and fight the cancerous cells (a new and investigational therapy)
Sometimes, surgery or other treatments for sinus tumors can cause negative, permanent side effects. Before deciding on a treatment, speak with your doctor about the risks and what to expect after treatment.
Learn more about our advanced treatments.