At Florida Hospital, we’re committed to serving our patients with Parkinson’s disease. That’s why we created the Parkinson Outreach Center, the only facility of its kind in Central Florida dedicated to improving the quality of life of individuals suffering from this debilitative disease. This center offers a variety of services, including support group meetings, music therapy sessions, exercise and dance classes, educational materials and clinical referrals.
The center has four convenient support group locations to best serve our community: at Florida Hospital Orlando, Florida Hospital Altamonte, Winter Garden at Golden Pond Communities and the Renaissance Senior Center in East Orlando.
If you’d like more information about our program, please give us a call at (407) 303-5295 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also join our online facebook support group from the comfort of your own home.
Don’t let Parkinson’s win. Instead, allow the experts at the Florida Hospital Parkinson Outreach Center help you stop suffering and start living.
If you have Parkinson’s, you need support—from your family, from your friends and from people who understand what you’re going through because they’re facing those very same challenges. Our support group meetings offer you the opportunity to gain not just this vital support, but also knowledge and information about the disease and how to live with it. Participants share news and experiences. They’re there for each other during the tough times, and will celebrate with you when things are going well.
We have support groups in four convenient locations: Altamonte Springs, Orlando, East Orlando and Winter Garden.
- Preparing for your Medical Appointment
- Making the Most of your Medical Appointment Checklist
- Filing for Social Security Disability
- Low blood pressure in Parkinson’s Disease
- Traveling with Parkinson's Disease
- Fatigue and Parkinson's Disease
- "Freezing" and Parkinson's
- Understanding Deep Brain Stimulation
- Understanding Medications
- Parkinson's Disease Q&A
- Nutritional Tips for Parkinson's Disease
- Sharing the Diagnosis with others
For more information, give us a call at (407) 303-5295, or email us at email@example.com.
Florida Hospital Orlando is proud to offer CHEER>UP, a program that uses creative drama and arts techniques to address physical and psychological issues Parkinson’s patients are likely to face. This program can help patients by:
- Improving the voice
- Developing good posture and balance
- Practicing stress reduction techniques
- Enhancing verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Stimulating the brain to improve cognitive function
- Using the healing power of laughter to enhance the patient’s mood
- Rehearsing techniques to manage depression and alter emotions
- Providing methods to express difficult emotions
- Building resilience skills
- Sharing creativity to connect socially and diminish isolation
To learn more about CHEER>UP, give us a call at (407) 303-5295. You may also view our brochure by clicking here.
For more information on our Parkinson Outreach Center, please visit www.floridahospitalneuro.com.