Not only is the Florida Hospital Cardiovascular Institute one of the top-rated cardiac facilities in the country—and No. 1 in the state—it’s also one of the busiest. In fact, we perform more open-heart surgeries than all but a handful of hospitals in the United States. Our experience, expertise and commitment to providing patients with the absolute best care possible set us apart.
This includes not only some of the finest cardiovascular and thoracic surgeons in the area and surgical options that few hospitals can match, but also patient care areas that are specifically designed to serve the needs of our heart surgery patients. Throughout the hospital, these areas are staffed with highly skilled intensive care teams that can respond quickly to any situation that arises.
The surgeons at the Florida Hospital Cardiovascular Institute perform all types of open-heart surgery, as well as complex surgical procedures. These include:
- Complex valve repair and replacement
- High-risk coronary artery bypass
- Aortic aneurysm and dissection surgery
- Atrial fibrillation surgery
- Minimally invasive approaches to conventional surgery
- Heart transplantation
- Ventricular-assist devices for end-stage heart failure
- Hybrid procedures in partnership with interventional cardiologists
- Adult congenital heart surgery
- Comprehensive lead management and laser lead extraction
- Thoracic surgery, including lung cancer and video-assisted procedures