Welcome to Sherman Outpatient Surgery. Thank you for choosing our facility, where our goal is to provide the highest-quality personalized care and service possible. When it comes to your health, we set our standards high and seek to create an exceptional experience that exceeds your expectations. You will find that the Sherman Outpatient Surgery difference is not just about leading-edge equipment and procedures, but includes a caring staff who cater to the individual needs of each and every patient.
We want our guests to be comfortable during their stay with us and have several complimentary services available in the lobby to enhance your experience:
- Blankets, pillows, coffee bar and complimentary bottles of water available upon request
- Free WiFi and a guest computer in the consultation room
- Restrooms located just outside our lobby
- Dedicated parking available in the King Street Garage
- Concierge to keep visitors informed
As a courtesy to other guests, use your cell phone outside the waiting area. All cell phones should be turned off when entering the procedure areas. One visitor will be able to stay with the patient in the admitting and recovery areas. A member of our nursing staff will invite you back to sit with the patient after the surgery is complete. If you have any questions, feel free to ask the receptionist.
- Infertility Services
- Minimally Invasive Hysterectomies
- Breast Cancer Treatment and Reconstruction
- Observation Unit - Overnight Observiation Unit includes 6 private rooms with care provided by critical care trained nurses
- Paravertebral Blocks and Pain Blocks
- Vascular Access (ports)
- Skin Cancer
- Minimally Invasive Gallbladder Removal and Hernia Repair
- Pediatric health- Genitourinary, Dental, ENT
- Pelvic Pain
Highly Trained Staff Members Who Make A Difference
The Paul Henry Sherman Outpatient Surgery Center’s multidisciplinary team is staffed by professional nurses, certified technicians and other specially trained personnel. Anesthesia is administered by board-certified anesthesiologists and certified nurse anesthetists through the Florida Hospital Department of Anesthesiology.
More than 400 combined years of OR and critical care experience
- Child life specialists to help decrease stress and anxiety for pediatric patients
- Pre-Testing and Evaluation Center (PTEC)
- After your surgery is scheduled, certain testing is necessary. A visit to the Pre-Testing and Evaluation Center (PTEC) will be scheduled, unless other arrangements are made by your doctor. In PTEC, the following activities may be completed as ordered by your doctor:
- Lab work
- X-rays (if needed)
- Bring a list of all the medications you are taking. It is important to include in this list the amount of medication (dosage) you take and how often you take it.
- PTEC is located in the Florida Hospital Orlando Medical Plaza, 2501 N. Orange Ave., Ste. 330, Orlando, FL 32804. The phone number is 407-303-2466.
- Day Before Surgery
- Have nothing to eat or drink after midnight, unless you were given other instructions.
- What to pack for your visit:
- Bring any and all paperwork that has been given to you regarding your surgery, including:
- Orders from your physician
- Consent for surgery if signed in the office
- Results of any testing done outside of Florida Hospital
- A list of medications and dosages you have been taking
- Insurance card
- Personal identification
- Advance directives
- Eye glasses, dentures, hearing aids (placed in proper containers so they won’t get lost)
- Do not bring medications, jewelry, wallets, purses or other valuables
- Day of Surgery
- Arrive at the hospital at the time you are instructed. Scheduled times for surgery are sometimes changes, so be on time.
- Take medications as ordered by your doctor with a small sip of water on the day of surgery.
- Do not wear contact lenses, but you may wear glasses.
- After Surgery
- After your surgery, you will go to the post-OP area where you’ll be attended by your anesthesiologist and recovery room nurse. You’ll be monitored until the major effects of anesthesia wear off and you are ready to go home, usually an hour or two after surgery. Your guest(s) can join you in the recovery area when you are ready to receive your postoperative instructions. Our nurses will explain the postoperative instructions to you as well as provide a written copy.
- Some procedures require a 23-hour observation. In these instances, patients will be sent to the adjoining Ambulatory Care Center for an overnight stay.
- Going Home
- A responsible adult must accompany you home after surgery. When you leave you will be ready to complete your recovery at home. Please be sure that someone will be staying with you to care for your immediate needs after surgery. A nurse will call you after your surgery to see if you have any questions. Should you have any problems during the evening or night following your surgery, please call your doctor’s office.
Sherman Outpatient Surgery
2501 North Orange Avenue, Suite 439
Orlando, FL 32804