Saving Lives Through Cardiac Research
One of the top cardiac centers in the nation, the Florida Hospital Cardiovascular Institute helps patients gain access to promising new treatments and technologies before they are available to the general population.
Our experienced team of physicians, researchers and research nurses work closely to incorporate research findings into the comprehensive care of our cardiac patients. The goal throughout is to improve patient outcomes and save more lives in the process.
Since 1981, the Florida Hospital Cardiovascular Institute has been instrumental in the development of important cardiovascular innovations and treatments, including:
- Implantable defibrillators and dual chamber pacemakers.
- Coronary artery occlusion devices, including stents (from first generational bare metal to today’s drug eluting stents, debulking procedures such as the Rotoblator® and Cutting Balloon®, thrombectomy procedures such as the Possis Angiolet® Rheolytic Thrombectomy System and the Rinspiration® system).
- Advances in coronary disease management, including blood thinners and cholesterol lowering agents.
- Cardiovascular surgical advances, including annuloplasty rings, valve replacements, surgical adhesive glue, endovascular grafts and intra-operative medications to improve post-operative outcomes.
- Arrhythmia management and treatments involving surgical and peripheral ablation techniques and therapies.
TRANSFORM - Dr. Kevin Accola
Multicenter Experience with Rapid Deployment EDWARDS Intuity Valve System for Aortic Valve Replacement
- Objective: To assess the safety and effectiveness of the EDWARDS INTUITY Valve System in subjects with aortic stenosis or stenosis-insufficiency requiring primary replacement of the native aortic valve.
BAROSTIM HOPE4HF - Dr. Harischandra Karunaratne
Barostim HOPE4HF Investigational Plan
- Ojective: To demonstrate the safety of the Neo system in a heart failure population by evaluating the event-free rate of all system- and procedure-related Major Adverse Neurological and Cardiovascular Events (MANCE) occurring within 6 months post implant.
If you are currently a patient and believe you can be a candidate for one of our studies or are a physician who is interested in referring one of your patients for a listed study, please contact us online or call (407) 303-7556
Current Clinical Trials Cardiology/Cardiovascular Diseases
The Florida Cardiovascular Institute continues to build on its legacy of innovation and excellence by continually conducting clinical trials in cardiology/cardiovascular diseases.
If you are currently a patient and believe you can be a candidate for one of our studies or are a physician who is interested in referring one of your patients for a listed study, please contact us online or call (407) 303-7556.
- CVRx HYPERTENSION STUDY – Dr. Karunaratne
- EVOLVE II – Dr. Taussig
- EXCEL – Dr. Stein and Dr. Palmer
- INOVATE HF – Dr. Ranadive
- OMEGA – Dr. Taussig
- SEATTLE II – Dr. Bhatheja
- VEST – Dr. Monir
- ACCELERATE – Dr. Karunaratne
- AMGEN – Dr. Rodriguez
- ATMOSPHERE – Dr. Karunaratne
- BAXTER STEM CELL – Dr. Taussig
- EXAMINE – Dr. Taussig
- LANTHEUS – Dr. Karunaratne
- RAID – Dr. Monir
- REDUCE IT – Dr. Lozano
- SALACIA – Dr. Karunaratne
- TAO – Dr. Rodriguez
Data Collection Studies
- ANCHOR REGISTRY – Dr. Varnagy
- AMSD – Dr. Monir
- GREAT – Dr. Winter
- OTSUKA HN REGISTRY – Dr. Karunaratne
- PREDETERMINE – Dr. Czerska
- ACCENT MRI – Dr. Monir
- ANALYZE ST – Dr. Schwartz
- CABANA – Dr. Monir
- NAVISTAR THERMOCOOL SF CATHETER – Dr. Pollak
- SMART AF – Dr. Pollak
Open Heart Surgery
- COAPT – Dr. Taussig
- FIGURE 8 – Dr. Accola
- MAGNA MITRAL Post Market – Dr. Accola
- MAGNA MITRAL 23 – Dr. Accola
- ON-X – Dr. Accola