Saving Lives Through Cardiac Research
One of the top cardiac centers in the nation, the Florida Hospital Cardiovascular Institute helps patients gain access to promising new treatments and technologies before they are available to the general population.
Our experienced team of physicians, researchers and research nurses work closely to incorporate research findings into the comprehensive care of our cardiac patients. The goal throughout is to improve patient outcomes and save more lives in the process.
Since 1981, the Florida Hospital Cardiovascular Institute has been instrumental in the development of important cardiovascular innovations and treatments, including:
- Implantable defibrillators and dual chamber pacemakers.
- Coronary artery occlusion devices, including stents (from first generational bare metal to today’s drug eluting stents, debulking procedures such as the Rotoblator® and Cutting Balloon®, thrombectomy procedures such as the Possis Angiolet® Rheolytic Thrombectomy System and the Rinspiration® system).
- Advances in coronary disease management, including blood thinners and cholesterol lowering agents.
- Cardiovascular surgical advances, including annuloplasty rings, valve replacements, surgical adhesive glue, endovascular grafts and intra-operative medications to improve post-operative outcomes.
Current Clinical Trials Cardiology/Cardiovascular Diseases
The Florida Cardiovascular Institute continues to build on its legacy of innovation and excellence by continually conducting clinical trials in cardiology/cardiovascular diseases.
If you are currently a patient and believe you can be a candidate for one of our studies or are a physician who is interested in referring one of your patients for a listed study, please contact us online or call (407) 303-7556.
Data Collection Studies
- ANALYZE ST – Dr. Schwartz
- CABANA – Dr. Monir
- DEVIATE AF – Dr. Siddiqui
- LEADLESS II – Dr. Pollak
- MULTIPOINT PACING – Dr. Pollak
- NAVIGATE X4 – Dr. Mondal
- REMARQABLE – Dr. Monir
Open Heart/Valve Surgery
- COAPT – Dr. Taussig
- COMMENCE – Dr. Accola
- FIGURE 8 – Dr. Accola
- MAGNA MITRAL 23 – Dr. Accola
- MAGNA MITRAL VALVE – Dr. Accola
- TRANSFORM – Dr. Accola
- ATTRACT – Dr. Ranson
- GORE EXCLUDER - Dr. Winter
- HARVEST CLI (Stem Cell) – Dr. Wladis
- LIBERTY 360 – Dr. Ranson
- COAST – Dr. Bhatheja
- FIX HF - Dr. Monir
- LRP Study – Dr. Arias
- PORTICO TAVR - Dr. Taussig
- PRO MRI - Dr. Siddiqui