At Florida Hospital Ocala formerly Munroe Regional Medical Center, we understand that patients who are experiencing difficulty hearing or speaking need timely, compassionate care to work towards improving their quality of life.
Our speech-language pathologists and audiologists are certified and experienced in helping with speech and hearing difficulties. Patients of all ages are welcome at the Speech and Hearing Center. Our specially-trained pediatric swallowing specialist is available to help our youngest patients.
We are able to diagnose and to treat disorders associated with:
- Speech intelligibility
- Stuttering problems
- Developmental language delay
- Hearing problems
- Acquired disabilities - from stroke, head injuries, progressive neurological diseases
Our broad range of services includes:
- Hearing aid selection and fit
- Dysphagia (swallowing) therapy with external electrical stimulation
- Alternative Augmentative Communication devices
- Vocal training
- Volume and loudness coaching