Florida Hospital Ocala formerly Munroe Regional Medical Center offers cardiac rehabilitation program for patients who have experienced a cardiac episode or who have heart disease. Cardiac rehabilitation is offered in three locations inside the LifeTime Wellness Centers.
Cardiac rehabilitation is considered a safe and effective way to stabilize, slow, or even reverse the progression of cardiovascular disease. You may benefit from cardiac rehab if your medical history includes:
- Heart attack
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart failure
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Angioplasty and stents
- Bypass surgery
- Chest pain (angina)
- Heart transplant
- Heart valve replacements
Phases of Rehab
Traditionally, cardiac rehabilitation is divided into three phases:
- Phase I - inpatient cardiac education to help you understand your disease and recovery.
- Phase II - outpatient cardiac education to help you understand nutrition, strength training, weight management, exercise, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, treatments, medications, stress and more.
- Phase III - ongoing medically-supervised prevention and maintenance program.
After phase II, membership is only $45 a month to continue your maintenance program.
Cardiac rehab involves regular aerobic exercise. In general, you should be exercising three to five times a week. At LifeTime Wellness Center, the exercises involve the use of machines that help increase heart rate and your muscles' oxygen utilization.
Our exercise equipment consists of:
- Stationary cycles
- Recumbent cycles
- Upper body ergometer
- Rowing machine
- Stair machine
- Resistance training equipment
Our experienced staff of registered nurses and therapists is dedicated to the goal of helping you recover safely and maintain a healthy way of life.