Florida Hospital Ocala formerly Munroe Regional Medical Center is an Accredited Chest Pain Center that offers four catheterization labs and a 22-bed catheterization department for patients needing a heart cath procedure. The cath labs are staffed by cardiothoracic cardiologists and interventional cardiologists as well as cardio technicians and registered nurses.
At Florida Hospital Ocala, we care about the whole patient, including their support system. That's why family is welcome to attend the cath procedure, via our viewing room, where an attendant will explain the steps as you watch it.
At Florida Hospital Ocala, we believe in investing in technology to help us stay current and to provide quality care to all of our patients. We offer technology such as:
- Digital Cath Lab - uses HD digital flat imaging panels displaying instant anatomical images.
- Intervascular Ultrasound (IVUS) - uses a catheter inserted into a large blood vessel to look into the coronary arteries to visualize size and condition.
- Intracardiac Ultrasound (ICE) - uses a catheter inserted into a large blood vessel to look at the valves of the heart and determine if there is any abnormal anatomy, such as a hole in the heart.
- Electrophysiology Lab - focuses on electrical system of the heart and cardiac rhythm disturbances or complex pacemakers.
- Cardiothoracic Operating Rooms - equipped with advanced technology and outfitted with imaging enhancements and video close-ups.