Heart care at Florida Hospital Ocala formerly Munroe Regional Medical Center focuses on the functions and disorders of the heart and its connected circulatory system. According to the American Heart Association, 84 million people in the U.S. suffer from some form of cardiovascular disease, affecting blood flow throughout the body. Cardiovascular disease can lead to heart attacks, strokes or other serious complications.
Our team of experienced cardiovascular/thoracic cardiologists, interventional cardiologists, cardiac anesthesiologists and cardiac rehab specialists provides care for patients who have experienced a heart-related episode, have a chronic heart condition such as atrial fibrillation (a-fib) or heart failure, or have an elevated risk for heart-related health issues.
Florida Hospital Ocala is an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology. We have also received accreditations in the areas of atrial fibrillation and heart failure care.
Our heart hospital features:
- A structural heart program
- Four cardiothoracic operating rooms
- A 14-bed cardiovascular intensive care unit
- Electrophysiology lab for complex heart rhythm disturbances or complex pacemakers
- Four catheterization labs for heart disease treatment
- Chemistry lab robot that can process 100 labs per hour for fast testing turnaround
- Cardiac rehabilitation in six convenient locations
With two locations - 1500 S.W. 1st Ave. and Florida Hospital in the Oaks at 138th - Florida Hospital Ocala is committed to providing patients with quality heart care close to where they live and work.