As a not-for-profit hospital, Florida Hospital North Pinellas relies on the support of our friends in the community. Established in 2000, the Helen Ellis Memorial Hospital Foundation works to address the hospital’s needs and enable us to provide exceptional care to our neighbors. Donations to the Helen Ellis Memorial Fund are tax-deductible, and all monies received will stay right here in our hospital and community. We adhere to best practices in managing these funds, and adhere to the Donor Bill of Rights, nationally accepted fund-raising principles.
We offer grateful patients, concerned citizens, corporations and foundations many ways to support and enhance our continuing pursuit of excellence in patient care, medical education and research. For more information about how you can support our important mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ to our community, visit our website, or give us a call at (727) 943-3651 during normal business hours.
Avenues of Support
There are a number of tax-deductible ways you can support our mission to bring exceptional health care to North Pinellas County. These include:
- The Burnette Society: Named for Dr. Elmer W. Burnette, a Tarpon Springs physician instrumental in building the hospital today known as Florida Hospital North Pinellas, the Society is comprised of individuals who donated $1,000 annually to benefit our foundation.
- Matching gifts: Many companies in our area offer matching gift programs, in which individuals’ donations are doubled. Check with your employer to see if your company has such a program.
- IRA gifts: Under the Pension Protection Act of 2006, individuals can save money on their taxes by directly donating funds from their IRA. To be eligible for this tax break, you must be at least 70 ½ years old on the day of your gift, and the maximum you can transfer from your IRA is $100,000 (your spouse may also transfer up to $100,000 from his or her IRA). Simply contact your IRA custodian and ask him or her to transfer the funds electronically or by check.
- Through your will: This is an easy and common way to donate. Simply designate cash, securities and/or property to benefit the Helen Ellis Memorial Hospital Foundation, Inc. You may also avoid capital gains taxes by donating stocks, bonds, mutual funds or other assets that have increased in value since they were purchased.
- Planned giving: Talk with your financial planning advisor about the giving option that best suits your individual financial goals. These options include a charitable gift annuity, charitable lead trust, charitable remainder annuity, deferred charitable gift annuity and life insurance.
The Helen Ellis Memorial Foundation is registered with the Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Affairs, registration number CH-12198. A copy of our registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Service by calling (800) 435-7352 from within the state.