Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center Foundation to Host Celebrity Dinner
Join the Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center Foundation for a fun evening as they host the Second Annual “Celebrity Dinner” at Yianni’s Prime Choice Restaurant in Sebring. This delicious dinner will be held on Thursday, May 12, from 5 – 9 p.m. and everyone is invited to attend this fundraiser benefitting the FHHMC Heart & Vascular Center.
Local Highlands County celebrities who will serve dinner live and in person include:
- Jon Beck, First Baptist Church of Avon Park
- Dr. Alan Bennie, FHHMC Hear & Vascular Center
- Bill Benton, NCT Group CPA’s
- Judy Lee Brown, Highlands Independent Bank
- Dennis Crews, Bill Jarrett Ford
- Don Elwell, Highlands County Board of County Commissioners
- Tiger Gullett, Union Congregational Church of Avon Park
- Bill and Lisa Jarrett, Bill Jarrett Ford
- Andrew Katsanis, Grace Bible Church of Sebring
- Drs. Carmelita and Abe Lim, Carmelita Lim, MD and Associates
- Jean Lund, Tom and Chad Lund Insurance
- Isaac Palmer, FHHMC
- Nida Roquiz, Dr. Placido Roquiz
- Robin Scheck, SunTrust Bank
- John Shoop, Highlands Independent Bank
- FHHMC Foundation board member Peggy Smith
- Dr. Roger Wittum, FHHMC Interventional Cardiologist
The proceeds raised at Celebrity Dinner will benefit the FHHMC Heart & Vascular Center, which aids in saving lives through early detection and intervention against heart disease. The Foundation has pledged $500,000 over a three year period to the Heart & Vascular Center. This pledge has supported the growth and development of the FHHMC Heart & Vascular Center and is used to support the Center’s Cardiac Angioplasty Program. To date, the Foundation has raised $320,000 for the Center.
Before the opening of the Cardiac Angioplasty Program, patients would have to travel more than 50 miles to receive interventional procedures and treatments in order to stop a heart attack. Since “Time is Muscle” in heart care, this delay in treatment presented a huge problem. Now thanks to the FHHMC Heart & Vascular Center, this treatment is achieved in the heart of Highlands County.
Choose your celebrity server and call (863) 402-5525 to make your dinner reservation. Your contribution will directly benefit FHHMC and continue to develop the services the FHHMC Heart & Vascular Center provides to our community.