Florida Hospital New Smyrna maintains a confidential medical record for every patient. Your medical record contains complete information about all treatment and care you have received at Florida Hospital New Smyrna. While all Florida Hospital New Smyrna medical records and their contents are the property of the hospital, you have the right to view your medical record and can do so by requesting a copy.
All patient health care information at Florida Hospital New Smyrna is confidential. Medical records cannot be released to any person without the permission of the patient or the patient’s legally authorized representative (unless allowed by law). To release your medical record to another individual or organization or review your record yourself, you must use the required Release of Information Form.
Your medical records are maintained by the Florida Hospital New Smyrna Medical Records/Health Information Department. These records will be complete and may include:
- Your health history (what you tell the health care providers about your past and present health status)
- Your medical examination findings (what the health care providers observe when you are examined)
- Physician documentation about their findings, your progress and procedures
- Lab and x-ray test results
- Medications prescribed
- Plans for further care, including instruction for self-care and return visits
- Communication between your health care provider and any other health professional contributing to your care
REQUEST A COPY
You can request a copy of your Florida Hospital New Smyrna medical record to be sent to you or a designated recipient. The Release of Information Form is your authorization to copy your medical record, or parts of your record, and forward it to another person or organization. Your original signature is checked against our records to validate the authenticity of your request. Records can be provided on paper or on a secured CD.
Completed forms must be submitted in person at the Medical Records Department:
401 S. Dixie Highway
New Smyrna Beach, Florida, 32168
8:00am. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
You can access this form one of three ways:
- Utilize this link. Release of Information Form
- Call the Medical Records/Health Information Department to request that the form be mailed to you: (386) 424-6426
- Stop by the Medical Records/Health Information Department during regular business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (You will need to show a valid form of personal identification)
If you need additional assistance please contact the Medical Records Department at (386) 424-6426. To reach the Medical Records Director please call (386) 424-5116.