Florida Hospital New Smyrna’s Auxiliary is made up of volunteers who have been an integral part of the hospital since 1954. Auxilians share a common goal of providing aid and comfort to patients and their families. These men and women provide volunteer support and raise funds to benefit the hospital community as a whole.
The Auxiliary’s purpose is threefold:
- To provide compassionate service to patients, hospital staff and the community
- To serve as goodwill ambassadors for the hospital
- To raise funds for the hospital’s equipment and services
To become an active member of the Florida Hospital New Smyrna Auxiliary, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete an application form and background check
- Be interviewed by the Auxiliary placement chairperson and assigned to a service
- Receive comprehensive training
- Earn a minimum of 60 hours of active duty each year including training, orientation and membership meetings
- Purchase an Auxiliary uniform
- Pay annual dues
Opportunities for Services
The Auxiliary has a broad selection of volunteer opportunities to choose from. These varied areas of service allow you to apply your talents, skills and interests to suit your preferences in serving the hospital and the community. Below are areas where Auxiliary members are currently serving:
- Cozy Cart
- Emergency Department
- Family Waiting Room
- Gift Shop
- Information/Reception Desks
- Pink Door
- Physical Therapy
- Shuttle Cart
- Surgical Services
Auxiliary Projects and Program
Florida Hospital New Smyrna’s Auxiliary has played a major role in raising funds for the purchase of equipment and educational materials. Book fairs, uniform and jewelry sales are just a few of the many fundraisers hosted by Auxilians to raise money for the hospital.
- A complimentary meal in the cafeteria per each 4 hour shift
- Volunteer appreciation luncheon held annually
- Whether serving in one of the patient care areas in the hospital, delivering flowers or staffing the information desk, Auxilians add a special caring touch to our services. Remember, a few hours of your time can make a difference in someone’s life. Volunteering time to help others is not only a wonderful way to support your community, but the weekly activity promotes wellness and a more active lifestyle.
For more information, please call the Auxiliary Office at (386) 917-5070 or (386) 917-5072.