4-Day Innovations Symposium
Attend all 4 days or just the day(s) of your choice.
Lecture links have been inserted below (indicated in blue text) IF speakers have provided their content if you wish to save/print them. Any remaining lecture links will be added after the symposium No syllabus will be available, but an agenda and notepad will be provided for you upon check-in.
4-Days of CME/CEUs Offered
Registration (all 4 days)
June 13, 2016 Cardiopulmonary
- Severe Persistent Asthma and BT- Dr. Dibello
- Chest X-Rays: Black, White and all the Grey - Garry Kauffman, RRT, MPA
- No Better Time to be an RT - Garry Kauffman, RRT, MPA
- Compassion Fatigue: Reclaim the Joy of Caring - Karin Frosio, MHA
- START: Stopping Tobacco with Assessments, Referrals, and Treatment - Vicki Evans, AHEC
- COPD Managment and Readmission - Alan Cunningham, RRT, MBA
June 14, 2016 Cardiovascular
- Percutaneous Therapy for Structural Heart Disease - Dr. Brij Maini
- Trans-Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) - Dr. Elsakr
- Update in Cardiac Electrophysiology - Dr. Seide and Dr. Wang
- Risk Assessment and Risk Injury Before Surgery - Dr. Lopez
- Diastolic Heart Failure - Dr. Reed
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Changing Outcomes in Cardiogenic Shock - Dr. Scott Silvestry
- Insight into the Treatment of Heart Failure: Where are We in 2016? - Dr. Juan Aranda
June 15, 2016 Cardiac, Vascular and Thoracic Surgery
- LVAD and Destination Therapy vs. Transplantation - Dr. Scott Silvestry
- Developments in AAA/TAA Repair - Dr. William Johnson
- Surgical Treatment of A-Fib - Dr. William Johnson
- Cardiac, Vascular, and Thoracic Surgery - Dr. William Johnson
- Cardiovascular Support - Dr. Utpal Desai
- Develpments in Valve Surgery - Dr. Utpal Desai
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) and Trends in Cardiovascular Anesthesia - Dr. Sharif Al-Ruzzeh
June 16, 2016 Peripheral Vascular Disease Management
- New Developments in Treatment of Peripheral Vascular Disease - Dr. Utpal Desai
- Thrombolysis - Dr. Fernandez
- Carotid Artery Stenting- Dr. Dinesh Arab
- Radical Access and PAD Treatment - Dr. Bhavsar
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization (UFE) - Dr. Fernandez
- Peripheral Arterial Disease - Dr. Reddy
- Locoregional Therapy in Metastatic Colorectal Carcinoma- Dr. Seale
Focus will be for nurses, respiratory therapists, and physicians
Location: The Daytona Beach News-Journal Center
Cost: Includes food and 7 hours continuing education each day.
Registration Fee: ALL Florida Hospital Employees $25 per day or $75 for all 4 days (employee badge needed for identification). Non Florida Hospital Employees $30 per day or $100 for all 4 days. For questions about registration, call (386) 231-3176.
Florida Hospital is presenting four Symposiums at the News Journal Center situated on the banks of the Halifax River in historic downtown Daytona Beach. The Davidson Theater provides seating for 850 attendees, 40 foot screen for presentations and plenty of parking. The Grand Lobby will provide space for Vendor tables.
The programs are funded in part through unrestricted educational grants. A complete list will be available at the symposium.
Target Audience: Family practice, internal medicine, cardiologists, cardiothoracic and peripheral vascular surgeons, hospitalists, cardiovascular technologists, nursing, respiratory and EMS personnel.
Approved by the following Florida Boards: Nursing: Florida Provider # FBN 2114, Respiratory: Florida Provider #RCE48
Physicians: Florida Hospital is accredited by the Florida Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Florida Hospital designates this educational activity for a daily maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.