Extending the Florida Hospital Mission in Volusia County
As the flagship of Adventist Health System, the largest non-profit Protestant health care provider in the nation, Florida Hospital’s mission reflects standards and principles we’ve adhered to for more than 100 years. This organization is founded on the Seventh-day Adventist legacy of Christian health care, and our Memorial Medical Center hospital exists to serve the needs of our community in harmony with Christ’s healing ministry, while incorporating Christian values at every level of service.
We believe our work is a sacred calling, and our desire and duty is to emulate the compassion of our Lord and Savior in every word and deed as we strive to bring hope and healing to our patients and their families.
Florida Hospital employees draw motivation and direction from six core principles that guide the way we treat and serve others. These are:
- Our Christian Mission: We strive to serve our community in concert with Christian values and the compassion of Jesus Christ at every level of service.
- Focus on Community Wellness: As responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us, we work in collaboration with those in our community to provide services that contribute positively to their quality of life. We commit time, resources and health care professionals to educate our neighbors on illness prevention and healthy living. Prevention, after all, is in so many cases the best medicine.
- Quality and Service Excellence: We work to meet or exceed both the standards of the health care industry and the expectations of our patients; to this end, we continuously survey our patients to measure their satisfaction and address any complaints or issues as soon as possible.
- High Ethical Standards: We aim to conduct our business with integrity, honesty and fairness. We desire to be responsible stewards of the resources with which we’ve been blessed by employing business practices that are cost-effective and productive.
- Compassion: The Gospels are full of stories of Jesus’ compassion for the sick and the less fortunate. In that same spirit, we endeavor to be sensitive to the needs of the individuals and families we serve, and to be kind and empathetic in all that we do.
- Cultural Diversity: We celebrate the diversity of our patients, employees, colleagues and visitors, and treat all of them with the kindness and respect they deserve, regardless of their background, race, religion or culture.