What is Cancer Rehabilitation?
The cancer rehabilitation program at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is dedicated to helping cancer patients return to the highest level of function possible during and following treatment for cancer. Our comprehensive program will address your physical, cognitive, and emotional concerns. The rehabilitation team will develop an individualized program for you to achieve your personal goals.
With a physician's prescription, cancer rehabilitation is a service that is recognized by most insurance plans. To learn more about our services and our locations, call (386) 231-6039.
Types of Cancer Rehabilitation
Physical therapy improves physical performance by addressing issues including:
- Cancer-related fatigue
- Limited range of motion
- Scar tissue
Occupational therapy aims to improve activities of daily living (dressing, grooming and eating) by offering the following:
- Sensorimotor intervention
- Visual/perceptual therapy
- Education in physical energy conservation
- Home safety modifications
Speech therapy improves memory and problem-solving skills, speech and swallowing with the following services:
- Cognitive retraining
- Speech device training after laryngectomy
- Oral motor strengthening for speech and swallowing
- Electrical stimulation to improve swallowing (Vital Stim)