- Tuberculosis (TB) – bacterial infection
- Lung abscess – pus that collects and forms in the lung
- Emphysema – chronic illness resulting in chemical breakdown of lung fiber
- Lung cancer – cancer cells that affect different areas of the lungs and spread
- Fungal infections – organisms that cause infection in the body
Conditions Related to Lobectomy
Doctors may recommend lobectomy for patients diagnosed with abnormality or disease in the lungs. These related conditions to lobectomy can cause further damage to healthy tissue if the affected lobe is not removed from the body.
Many related conditions can cause abnormalities in the lungs. These conditions include the following list:
If you suffer from these conditions, schedule an appointment at Florida Hospital to determine if minimally invasive lobectomy is an option for your treatment.