Injectables provide an effective treatment to enhance the face cosmetically. These soft tissue face fillers temporarily fill wrinkles, smooth the skin and fill depressions caused by loss of fat. The conditions that lead to treatment with injectable facial fillers are aging, natural development and exposure. However, the health of the skin plays an important role in the success of using injectables.
With some conditions, the use of injectables may not be advisable. Among these are
- A history of anaphylactic shock
- Allergies to collagen, eggs, lidocaine or other substances
- Bleeding disorders or use of anticoagulants
- Active skin inflammations such as acne or hives
- Existing infections
- Predisposition to excessive or heavy scarring