Specific treatment for hematuria will be determined by your physician based on:
- Your age, overall health, and medical history
- Extent of the disease
- Underlying cause of the disease
- Your tolerance for specific medications, procedures, or therapies
- Expectations for the course of the disease
- Your opinion or preference
If you experience blood in your urine that lasts more than a day, tell your health care provider, especially if you have unexplained weight loss, discomfort with urination, frequent urination, or urgent urination.