Description - Since 1981, Florida Hospital Heartland Medical Center in Lake Placid has been caring for Highlands County and our Heartland neighbors with a mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ.” The hospital offers 50 private rooms, emergency care, surgical services, fitness center, diagnostic imaging, on-site lab, tele-ICU capabilities and the county’s only senior behavioral health unit.
- Emergency Care - When an emergency arises, it’s comforting to know that world-class care is right around the corner. Our ER is staffed at all times by highly trained and board-certified physicians and registered nurses. Our team is committed to providing the compassionate care you would expect from clinicians devoted to whole person health.
- 24-Hour Fitness Center - Look good, feel good. We welcome all fitness levels, ages and abilities without the hassle of contracts. In-person, accredited instructors lead more than 25 classes each week.
- Therapy Center – Regain your mobility quickly following injury or surgery through individualized therapy programs and close, personal attention. We evaluate your physical condition and discuss your goals, then apply our therapeutic expertise to develop an appropriate treatment plan for whole-person healing and amazing results.
- ICU & Medical Surgical Units - Where compassionate, specially-trained clinicians care for acutely ill patients suffering from a wide variety of medical issues and those recovering from surgery.
- Laboratory Care - Laboratory testing is a good way to help your physician diagnose health problems and promote wellness. We offer convenient hours and rapid turnaround times, with your results faxed directly to your physician’s office.
- Radiology - Higher quality images mean better care for our patients. We have some of the industry’s most skilled radiologists and the area’s most advanced medical imaging technologies, to provide unparalleled clarity for more accurate diagnosis.