For heartburn sufferers, it’s important to understand the cause of heartburn pain in order to find relief from the pain. Lifestyle changes and dietary changes can help, but understanding the underlying cause can help to establish a treatment plan that works.
Find out more about heartburn and its symptoms:
- Almost everyone will experience heartburn at some point in their lives.
- More than 40% of Americans suffer from heartburn pain at least one time each month.
- Almost 95% of people with heartburn link their symptoms to a particular food.
- Only 20% of heartburn happens during the day—the vast majority of people report feeling symptoms at night.
- More than 50% of pregnant women report heartburn—most in the third trimester.
- Infants can experience acid reflux, but they usually grow out of it.
These statistics prove heartburn is a widespread symptom. Florida Hospital specialists diagnose heartburn symptoms to help patients find its underlying cause and prevent damage.